Are you ready for SEA's first Pokemon Go Safari Zone Event?

The time is now for the Pokemon Go Safari Zone Event. 

It's the first one in South East Asia and it's a five day event long event in Sentosa, Singapore, from April 18 (today) until April 22. Featured Pokémon include, based on the cover image, the regional Tropius, the usual Unown, Lapras, Shuckle, Dratini, and Alolan Exeggutor.

Pokemon Go Safari Zone Event in Sentosa
It is pretty cool and attracted thousands of people to Sentosa with their pokeball or smartphone + power bank ready. 

And yes, you guess it right. I'll also be going for the event along with Yen Leng, Yvonne and my sister, Chiew Lian. Too bad for my brother as he is still at the United States so he's going to miss the first of its kind event in the region. 

I always wonder jealously when the event was held in Brazil, Japan and others. It's good that Niantic looks at this region as well. The event is expected to draw 100,000 participants in the five day event. Imagine the kind of tourism boost if it were to held in Malaysia. 

Anyway, here is a look at the featured regional Pokemon for the event: Tropius. 


Here is some of the stats on Tropius. 



And these are the featured pokemons: Unown, Lapras, Shuckle, Dratini and Exeggutor (Alola). 


Check out their stats here: 

Unown


Lapras

Shuckle

Dratini

Exeggutor (Alola)

Do you have the ticket for the Pokemon Go Safari Zone, Sentosa event?

Anyway, for those who are also going for the event like myself and if you're not Malaysian, the first thing you need to ask yourself is whether you are invited for the event after you have done your registration. You should received an invitation, something like this on your email.



I am of course on the Saturday date with my fellow trainers for the Pokemon Go Safari Zone event. If you are, you will be able to catch the featured pokemon. 


For trainers without ticket

If you did not receive a ticket to the Pokémon GO Safari Zone in Sentosa, don’t worry too much. You can still enter the surrounding area and although you will miss out on some spawns and exclusive PokeStops of the event, the overall area will also see a change in spawns and it is a good time to hunt for your Pokemon as well even if you don't have the ticket. 

The worldwide spawns based on the past Safari Zone events, also typically will see additional shiny possible Pokemon. So keep an eye eye out guys!

DATA for Pokemon trainers

I think it is important for those who are not based in Singapore to be prepare with their data plan or roaming service. I'm lucky because my DiGi plan comes with free 5GB roaming. 

Have you been training, trainers?

Of course, it is also important for trainers to be prepared for the event. It is a whole day event from 10am to 8pm. So, yes, it will be quite tiring and Singapore's weather is as hot as in Malaysia. 

I have looked at weather forecast and it is supposed to be good day for trainers. (fingers crossed) with no rain. 


And ya, I have also been going for some runs with my Pokemon to ensure that I'm fit enough to catch'em all throughout the day. 

Here is a look at some of my training to build my stamina while playing with my Pokemon:

Our usual training spot in KLCC



Challenge the Champ in the gym
And manage to saw this two in my run

Togepi is so supportive in the gym

And trying to keep myself fit by running around. What a training for the Pokemon Go Safari Zone Sentosa event!!



I'm not sure about you but I definitely look forward to the event. I'll be flying to Singapore tomorrow first to get a good rest before the game begins on Saturday!! Woohoo!!


Billy Toh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram